WITCH-United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporary replacement of the WITCH-United.net forum based on the W.I.T.C.H. cartoons and comics

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What sport/excercise do you participate in?

Go down 
+7
*~Cassedy_Duel~*
*~Dark Crystal Queen~*
Supercutie12
Kage
♥hay lin♥
*//ROCK -N- ROLL GIRL
xXOrubeXx
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
*//ROCK -N- ROLL GIRL

*//ROCK -N- ROLL GIRL

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Bella Hills

What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 May 2009, 18:10

I HATE Golf :x
Back to top Go down
Supercutie12

Supercutie12

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Christina Rhinestone

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 May 2009, 14:43

Yeah, golf is boring.
Back to top Go down
Jewel

Jewel

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Jennifer Roberts

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 May 2009, 23:55

i play softball, and i usually swim all the time during the summer but im going to do volleyball next year in high school
Back to top Go down
Kage

Kage

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Xarsus Aufero

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 03:53

Cool Very Happy. I really liked playing Volley Ball when I was at school, however I wasn't all that good at it. The main problem was getting the ball over the net; whenever I tried, it would fly off in some random direction lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 18:15

I suck at baseball (Unless the target is a person I don't like! Twisted Evil )

I LOVE football! Especially tackle Football!

I like wrestling!

And Judo! Thats really fun!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kage

Kage

RPG Character Info

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 19:08

EdanaxPhobos wrote:

I like wrestling!

Hahaha yeah!! & when the ball isn't enough, hit them with the bat too Twisted Evil lol.
Back to top Go down
♥hay lin♥

♥hay lin♥

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 19:16

wow, pretty mean... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/grazielamarie
Supercutie12

Supercutie12

RPG Character Info

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptySat 16 May 2009, 09:42

What's Judo? I've never heard of it
Back to top Go down
Kage

Kage

RPG Character Info

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptySat 16 May 2009, 11:16

Judo is a type of Martial Art that originated in Japan. I'm not too clear on the details, but I think it involves quite a lot of grappling & throwing techniques. I think it also has techniques to lock your opponent e.g. trapping the arm behind the back. But like I said I'm not sure.
Orube would know more, considering she takes classes.

Well anyway I hope that helps a little SC12 albino.
Back to top Go down
*~Dark Crystal Queen~*
*~Dark Crystal Queen~*

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Evangeline Crystale

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptySat 16 May 2009, 11:21

Thanks Kage! I was wondering too!

Last edited by *~Dark Crystal Queen~* on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 13:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://witchfansunite.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptySat 16 May 2009, 14:44

Kage wrote:
EdanaxPhobos wrote:

I like wrestling!

Hahaha yeah!! & when the ball isn't enough, hit them with the bat too Twisted Evil lol.

Wait...there's a ball in baseball?!?! I thought the sport stopped with the bat!!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
*//ROCK -N- ROLL GIRL

*//ROCK -N- ROLL GIRL

RPG Character Info

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptySun 17 May 2009, 18:47

LOL Edana is crazy Razz
Back to top Go down
Kage

Kage

RPG Character Info

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptySun 17 May 2009, 22:46

EdanaxPhobos wrote:
Kage wrote:
EdanaxPhobos wrote:

I like wrestling!

Wait...there's a ball in baseball?!?! I thought the sport stopped with the bat!!!! Twisted Evil

Ohhh, you're on about that version of baseball; the fun one. Silly me. I thought you were talking about the traditional one lol.

Well, in that case Edana you are right; the fun version stops with the bat Twisted Evil.

*//ROCK -N- ROLL GIRL wrote:
LOL Edana is crazy Razz
Really?? She seems perfectly sane to me drunken lol.
Back to top Go down
xXOrubeXx

RPG Character Info
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 May 2009, 02:08

EdanaxPhobos wrote:

Ohhh... the best kind of baseball ever!!! Twisted Evil

Kage wrote:
Judo is a type of Martial Art that originated in Japan. I'm not too clear on the details, but I think it involves quite a lot of grappling & throwing techniques. I think it also has techniques to lock your opponent e.g. trapping the arm behind the back. But like I said I'm not sure.
Orube would know more, considering she takes classes.

Well anyway I hope that helps a little SC12 .

Kage's answer is correct, SC12, it pretty much sums up Judo. I put some extra info in case you wanted to know.Smile

Judo was created by Kano Jigoro in the late 19th century. Its parenthood is that of many different jujutsu schools, but mainly Tenjin Shin'yō-ryū, Kito-ryū, and Fusen-ryū.

Its most prominent feature is its competitive element, where the object is to either throw your opponent to the ground, immobilize or subdue your opponent with a grappling manoeuvre, or force the opponent to submit by joint locking the elbow or by executing a choke.

Strikes and thrusts, using your hands and feet along with weapons are a part of judo, but only in pre-arranged forms called kata and are not allowed in judo competition or free practice (randori).

About the meaning of Judo:
"The word "judo" shares the same root ideogram as "jujutsu": "jū" (柔 ), which may mean "gentleness", "softness", "suppleness", and even "easy", depending on its context. Such attempts to translate jū are deceptive, however. The use of jū in each of these words is an explicit reference to the martial arts principle of the "soft method" (柔法 ,jūhō). The soft method is characterized by the indirect application of force to defeat an opponent. More specifically, it is the principle of using one's opponent's strength against him and adapting well to changing circumstances."

The techniques used are throwing, grappling, chokes, joint locks and strikes (but strikes are only taught to people who one of the -dan ranks).
They are all very effective for defense but Judo has some drawbacks:
1) It relies too much on the judogi (judo suit) for gripping your opponent but this isn't a problem if you are good at adjusting your grip to anything.
2) The lack of strikes. They are only taught to -dan level individuals.
(-dan level/ranks are people who have black belts and there are different levels of black belts)
3) Some people do Judo only as a sport, there are some drawbacks to this, I'm not too sure what they are but I think its that only competition rules are used.

Most of that (especially the last bits) is from Wikipedia, it can explain things better than I can.

I hope that gives you some more details..... alien alien
Back to top Go down
*//ROCK -N- ROLL GIRL

*//ROCK -N- ROLL GIRL

RPG Character Info

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 May 2009, 06:25

Thanks xXOrubeXx! I was wandering what Judo was,and 4 Kage, if Edana seems sane 2 u, that means ur crazy too LOL
Back to top Go down
Supercutie12

Supercutie12

RPG Character Info

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 May 2009, 14:21

Thank you Kage!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 May 2009, 17:18

Kage wrote:
EdanaxPhobos wrote:
Kage wrote:
EdanaxPhobos wrote:

I like wrestling!

Ohhh, you're on about that version of baseball; the fun one. Silly me. I thought you were talking about the traditional one lol.

Well, in that case Edana you are right; the fun version stops with the bat Twisted Evil.

*//ROCK -N- ROLL GIRL wrote:
LOL Edana is crazy Razz
Really?? She seems perfectly sane to me drunken lol.

>.>

<.<

Don't blow my cover!!!! LOL

and yes I was talking bout the fun version!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
♥hay lin♥

♥hay lin♥

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 May 2009, 23:34

Sad biking lessons: canceled.. i'll be back to school in a few days so there's no time for that anymore..
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/grazielamarie
*//ROCK -N- ROLL GIRL

*//ROCK -N- ROLL GIRL

RPG Character Info

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 May 2009, 13:18

Well, you will do it some other time Hay Lin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jewel

Jewel

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Jennifer Roberts

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:24

i think i get to go to volleyball camp this summer or softball, but i need to freshin up on my vball skills for freshman year
Back to top Go down
xXOrubeXx

RPG Character Info
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptySun 24 May 2009, 02:12

Don't worry ♥️hay lin♥️ I'm sure you can learn it some other time Smile.

Our school is starting the afternoon sports program tomorrow, so I'm going to be back @ Judo, this makes me very happy!!!
Back to top Go down
witch_rox

witch_rox

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptyFri 31 Jul 2009, 13:51

I doubt this counts as a sport, but im a dancer! Im on my highschool dance team and ive boon taking ballet for 12 years. this will be my fourth year on pointe!! flower

Im also pretty good at volleyball.
Back to top Go down
xXOrubeXx

RPG Character Info
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptySat 01 Aug 2009, 01:15

I'm pretty sure dancing can count as a sport .... you exercise, you need to practice and its competitive too!

Some of my classmates also do ballet, it takes alot of effort from what i hear!

P.S - your avatar is so funny!
Back to top Go down
Kage

Kage

RPG Character Info

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 13:14

I don't think anyone is here anymore, but I completly forgot to say that I passed my grading for my purple sash (6th one, out of 11) in Kung-Fu in December last year ^_^. Now me and my sis have just gotta work hard for brown XD.
Back to top Go down
The Emperor

The Emperor

RPG Character Info
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Oct 2012, 15:28

My sport would have to be football cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What sport/excercise do you participate in?   What sport/excercise do you participate in? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What sport/excercise do you participate in?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WITCH-United :: Extra :: The Other Truth-
Jump to: