WITCH-United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporary replacement of the WITCH-United.net forum based on the W.I.T.C.H. cartoons and comics

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do u like classic music?

Go down 
+4
*//ROCK -N- ROLL GIRL
Vorserkeien
Kage
*~Dark Crystal Queen~*
8 posters

Do u like classic music?
Yes
Do u like classic music? Bar_left91%Do u like classic music? Bar_right
 91% [ 10 ]
No
Do u like classic music? Bar_left0%Do u like classic music? Bar_right
 0% [ 0 ]
Huh?
Do u like classic music? Bar_left9%Do u like classic music? Bar_right
 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
*~Dark Crystal Queen~*
*~Dark Crystal Queen~*

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Evangeline Crystale

Do u like classic music? Empty
PostSubject: Do u like classic music?   Do u like classic music? EmptySat 18 Jul 2009, 09:57

U know, like MJ songs or even Diana Summer, maybe Madonna? Like 80's & 90's songs? I luv 'em? How 'bout you?
Back to top Go down
http://witchfansunite.blogspot.com/
Kage

Kage

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Xarsus Aufero

PostSubject: Re: Do u like classic music?   Do u like classic music? EmptySat 18 Jul 2009, 11:16

Well I grew up in the 90's, so it makes sense that I like the music from around that time. I like a lot of music that came out of the 80's too. The rock & metal that came from those decades was brilliant.

It's such a shame that music from almost every genre has gone downhill from then. I mean, back in the 60's (& probably earlier), up until the end of the 80's (perhaps the early 90's at a push?) people actually had to sing really well, or they just were not successful - they didn't have the technology back then to make them sound that much better. Also, back then the live performances were brilliant & some artists/bands could put on performances that were almost to the same standard as their studio work. Now days imo, the new artists are fine when in the studio, i.e. on CD, (with a lot help from technolgy most likely) & as soon as they hit the stage they sound awful.

Imo, not a lot of the music of today will be played that much in let's just say 20-30 years, whereas music from the 60's & 70's most likely still will be. Just goes to show that real talent is in short supply now days.
Back to top Go down
Vorserkeien
Admin
Vorserkeien

RPG Character Info
Character Name: V-test

PostSubject: Re: Do u like classic music?   Do u like classic music? EmptyMon 20 Jul 2009, 17:34

Very Happy I think Kage has summed it all up nicely! Either that Kage or we're just starting to get 'old' scratch Wink! My music tastes can vary - provided that they can sing. I've no objection to technology adapted stuff (from whichever decade), but it really does help if the artist can stand on their own. There are of course a few exceptions (Savage Garden LaughingRazz).

~V~
Back to top Go down
https://witchunited.forumotion.net
*//ROCK -N- ROLL GIRL

*//ROCK -N- ROLL GIRL

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Bella Hills

PostSubject: Re: Do u like classic music?   Do u like classic music? EmptyTue 21 Jul 2009, 09:02

Of course! I was born at the end of the 90's, but I love 80's and 90's pop culture!

Love Jimmy Eat World, A-Ha, MJ, Pointer Sisters, etc.
Back to top Go down
Jewel

Jewel

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Jennifer Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Do u like classic music?   Do u like classic music? EmptyWed 22 Jul 2009, 22:50

Im like Vorserkeien my taste varys but i tend to like stuff from the 70s and 80s because its good music whereas today like kage said many artists arent as talented and tho they sound great for a while that number one hit will only last so long then most people will forget about it. but ya i do like classic music afro
Back to top Go down
♥hay lin♥

♥hay lin♥

PostSubject: Re: Do u like classic music?   Do u like classic music? EmptyFri 24 Jul 2009, 07:28

what does it sound like anyway?? any examples?? (at least a world-famous piece.. i'm not sure if i've heard one anyway..)classic music i mean..
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/grazielamarie
*~Cassedy_Duel~*

*~Cassedy_Duel~*

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Cassedy Duel

PostSubject: Re: Do u like classic music?   Do u like classic music? EmptySat 25 Jul 2009, 00:16

Lol, when I saw the title I thought you meant classical music like Mozart Laughing , but my music taste varies, as long as the singer can sing or I like the sound/rythme of the song I like it. Though, I have to admit I'm more of a rocker, my favorite music is classic rock, though I do like many songs from the 80's and 90's as well. I agree with Kage about music now a days, it just doesn't compare to the classic 90's, 80's, 70's, so on and so forth.

For hay lin, here's one of my favorite classic 80's songs:

and here's a famous well-known classic from the 80's:

Ok one more, last one:

Sorry, if that's too much, but I couldn't help myself Razz and hay lin, if this is still not enough just go to youtube and search for 80's and 90's hits and I'm sure you'll find quite a few songs that you will recognize ^^ .
Back to top Go down
♥hay lin♥

♥hay lin♥

PostSubject: Re: Do u like classic music?   Do u like classic music? EmptySat 25 Jul 2009, 07:35

i'll listen to those sometime.. got homework.. thanks, Cass.. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/grazielamarie
willvandomrocks

willvandomrocks

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Will Vandom

PostSubject: Re: Do u like classic music?   Do u like classic music? EmptyThu 19 Aug 2010, 15:39

I play piano. Of course I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bounce Oh, and I love you haylin I love you , good examples are Tchaikovsky (Russian composer), Scene from Swan Lake, the Nutcracker, etc. Also, stuff from Mozart and Beethoven is the best ya can get.
Back to top Go down
http://geniebee123.tumblr.com
Kage

Kage

RPG Character Info

PostSubject: Re: Do u like classic music?   Do u like classic music? EmptyThu 19 Aug 2010, 19:49

Umm, the topic isn't about classical music, it's about classic music, like vintage songs from the 60's & up ^.^.

But anyway, you play piano?? Cool Very Happy. Do you know how to play any of Frederick Chopin's pieces??
Back to top Go down
willvandomrocks

willvandomrocks

RPG Character Info

PostSubject: Re: Do u like classic music?   Do u like classic music? EmptyFri 20 Aug 2010, 12:53

Well, never mind then. Do you play an instrument? In fact, I'm working on one of his pieces right now. And I LOVE 60's music. Like the Turtles and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Kage

Kage

RPG Character Info

PostSubject: Re: Do u like classic music?   Do u like classic music? EmptyFri 20 Aug 2010, 14:00

Unfortunately I don't, but I used to. I played the violin about 11 years ago. I do have a violin of my own, just need to get around to getting myself accustomed to playing one again XD.

Awesome Very Happy. Which piece are you learning?? If you don't mind me asking ^^'.

60's & 70's music never really appealed to me, I much prefer the 80's albino.
Back to top Go down
willvandomrocks

willvandomrocks

RPG Character Info

PostSubject: Re: Do u like classic music?   Do u like classic music? EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 16:22

Learning "No. 4 in E Minor" Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do u like classic music?   Do u like classic music? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do u like classic music?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WITCH-United :: Extra :: The Other Truth-
Jump to: