WITCH-United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporary replacement of the WITCH-United.net forum based on the W.I.T.C.H. cartoons and comics

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chatbox & Gallery

Go down 
+6
cornelia's #1 fan
*~Dark Crystal Queen~*
Witchygirl
♥hay lin♥
xXOrubeXx
Vorserkeien
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Vorserkeien
Admin
Vorserkeien

RPG Character Info
Character Name: V-test

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptySat 04 Jul 2009, 17:04

Ok guys, I admit I've been neglecting you. I have no real excuse I'm afraid except that well I guess the best way to explain it was that my heart wasn't in it - & I'm sure most of you will know that it's much easier to do something when you want to! & I now want to so (funny how a couple of good albums to listen to can help!)...
It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to get a chat working...Kind of just read the support forums FAQ Rolling Eyes Embarassed! Anyhow apologies for that. I didn't know the site had a chatbox already included with it Embarassed (yes you all are allowed to call me an idiot (once Wink) & huge thanks to cornelia's #1 fan for constantly nudging me to do something about it!). As far as I can tell, clicking the archive button reveals previous posts. Clicking the 'Join the Chat' link at the bottom of the page allows the chat to open in a new window/tab.
To access the chatbox - click the 'Log In' button on the far right of the chatbox - I'm unsure if you may still remain logged into the chat box even if you log out of the main forum - for security, if you usually logout of the forum REMEMBER TO LOG OUT OF THE CHATBOX too. [Edit: it seems there's a timeout function - but just in case, still logout if you do so from the forum usually].

I have also activated the gallery on this site, but it has a very small storage capacity (10Mb I believe). Therefore, I will be restricting some of the pics that are uploaded - to member drawn images ('fanart') only for the time being. I am open to suggestions as to how to get around the storage problem (except the 'suggestions' asking me to pay for an upgrade...any volunteers Razz!). I'm debating with creating a photobucket/deviantart account with account details available to the forum (I have a W-U based email currently created anyway).

Other plans: If I set up a simple webpage for fanfic & fanart links (both on & off the forum) would you be willing to supply me weblinks & details (especially for the fanfic - author, title, short summary)? A member did mention about a problem about limited length of posts (though this is the only mention of the problem I've heard so far), which I'll look into & see if I can change anything, but would it benefit any of our members who don't have &/or don't wish to set up an account on somewhere like fanfiction.net (ok, so I can't stand the site, but it is one of the largest archives around!) under a W-U account, with author credits given in the summary? Uploads could be managed either by myself or delegated to a (couple of?) specific fanfic uploaders. An advantage I can think of for this is that it might make an effective form of advertising.

Oh and I plan to start cracking down on signature image sizes again Razz but I'll supply details in another topic.

That's all I can think of for now. I'd be interested in hearing opinions for & against, variations on, & anything I haven't mentioned above.

~Vorserkeien~
Back to top Go down
https://witchunited.forumotion.net
xXOrubeXx

RPG Character Info
Character Name:

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptySun 05 Jul 2009, 01:42

Don't worry, I know how it feels to not be able to do something when your heart's not in it! Wink

I also, I want to say thanks because now we have a chatbox.

Maybe you should go with the DevianArt account, but to make sure that no-one but members knew about it, you should send the details via PM. Also, someone should manage it, to make sure that everything is uploaded correctly and so on, or make a group account.

Photobucket is good but that means either making several accounts to be able to give each member an album of their own, or you can just post links to fanart works in a single thread and ask people to use image uploading services.

personally, I'd go with the devianArt option.

I hope I was able to help.

And thanks again!!!
Also, thanks cornelia's #1 fan for nagging Vorsy for us.. Smile
Back to top Go down
♥hay lin♥

♥hay lin♥

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptySun 05 Jul 2009, 05:54

nice!! thanks for the chatbox, V!! oh, btw.. is it just me or do we have a new layout?? something like a lavender bg color?? or is it because my c suddenly turned off the minute i turned on my web cam?? scratch
xXOrubeXx wrote:
lol! pff... i didn't know someone would actually do that!! Smile Twisted Evil

Last edited by ♥hay lin♥ on Sun 05 Jul 2009, 08:40; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/grazielamarie
Witchygirl

Witchygirl

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Valerie Ronson

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptySun 05 Jul 2009, 06:55

ohhh this is beginning to look like the old w-u...yaa there is a new layout :O:O:O..niiiiiiiiiice awesome jon V !!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
*~Dark Crystal Queen~*
*~Dark Crystal Queen~*

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Evangeline Crystale

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptySun 05 Jul 2009, 10:57

I agree WitchyG! Two questions: Do you mean only the fanart? And why won't the gallery albums show?

Last edited by *~Dark Crystal Queen~* on Sun 30 Oct 2011, 13:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://witchfansunite.blogspot.com/
Vorserkeien
Admin
Vorserkeien

RPG Character Info
Character Name: V-test

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptySun 05 Jul 2009, 17:33

xXOrubeXx wrote:

personally, I'd go with the devianArt option.
Ok, haven't ever used dA, but I'll investigate. I'm thinking it might be easier to set a webpage (or just a thread as you suggested) up with links to individual fanart pages, with maybe one or two examples.

♥hay lin♥ wrote:
nice!! thanks for the chatbox, V!! oh, btw.. is it just me or do we have a new layout?? something like a lavender bg color?? or is it because my c suddenly turned off the minute i turned on my web cam?? scratch
xXOrubeXx wrote:
lol! pff... i didn't know someone would actually do that!! Smile Twisted Evil
Yeah, I changed the background amongst other things - wasn't intentional at first! I was experimenting & it meant changing the forum style to the phpbb2 version. In the process I ended up changing the header & other things, so I just played around with basic background colours!
As for nagging me, well sometimes it's necessary! Anyway, aside from pestering you all about signatures, I try not to be unapproachable! Razz

*~Dark Crystal Queen~* wrote:
I agree WitchyG! Two questions: U mean only fanart? And why won't the gallery albums show? Very Happy
Gallery - yes for the moment fanart only - storage issue!
The gallery albums might not show for various reasons - 1) I haven't uploaded anything, so if people want to try loading some fanart up to experiment that'd be good! Or 2) I haven't turned something on in the admin bit! So try 1 & if it doesn't work, let me know & I'll check #2!

~V~
Back to top Go down
https://witchunited.forumotion.net
*~Dark Crystal Queen~*
*~Dark Crystal Queen~*

RPG Character Info

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptyWed 15 Jul 2009, 20:15

I posted three pictures, unfortunately it still doesn't work... Neutral

Last edited by *~Dark Crystal Queen~* on Sun 30 Oct 2011, 13:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cornelia's #1 fan
cornelia's #1 fan

RPG Character Info
Character Name:

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptyFri 23 Oct 2009, 19:20

what happen to me was worst
i made like 4 new topic
guess what, they were gone...
...at least someone erase it cause he or
she thought they wasn't good>< hmm...
Back to top Go down
http://www.onlywitch.webs.com
*~Dark Crystal Queen~*
*~Dark Crystal Queen~*

RPG Character Info

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptySat 24 Oct 2009, 16:12

I didn't, I had no idea they were even made... Neutral
Back to top Go down
cornelia's #1 fan
cornelia's #1 fan

RPG Character Info
Character Name:

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptySat 24 Oct 2009, 21:05

ya i did like 4 of them and i made 2 of them twice
but they still disappeared that's why i didn't created new ones.
just make replies
Back to top Go down
Supercutie12

Supercutie12

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Christina Rhinestone

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptyMon 09 Nov 2009, 15:22

I wonder, has anyone been using the chatrbox lately?
Back to top Go down
cornelia's #1 fan
cornelia's #1 fan

RPG Character Info
Character Name:

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptySat 10 Jul 2010, 13:18

it is always saying you are disconnected,
so i press connect and a new window
comes out and it is still saying you are
disconnected
Back to top Go down
Supercutie12

Supercutie12

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Christina Rhinestone

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 11:33

I don't think it does that when I try...but when I'm on, no one's on.
Back to top Go down
*~Dark Crystal Queen~*
*~Dark Crystal Queen~*

RPG Character Info

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 18:05

That never happens to me. Oh, another place we can chat is Facebook....it's a suggestion. I have a Facebook, how many of you have Facebooks?
Back to top Go down
Soliar.x

Soliar.x

RPG Character Info
Character Name:

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 10:32

I've got Facebook ^.^ And MSN... I know Witchygirl mentioned that in a different thread.
Back to top Go down
Glyphon

Glyphon

RPG Character Info
Character Name:

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 14:42

I have Facebook and MSN too ^^.
Back to top Go down
http://stitche-s.tumblr.com
cornelia's #1 fan
cornelia's #1 fan

RPG Character Info
Character Name:

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptySat 07 Aug 2010, 22:38

ya msn is good but i have facebook too
here if u want
richey009@hotmail.com (plz tell that u r from w-u)

"Daniel Wu" at facebook, obviously with a WITCH pic
or just write the email

Back to top Go down
*~Dark Crystal Queen~*
*~Dark Crystal Queen~*

RPG Character Info

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptySat 21 Aug 2010, 10:38

Alrighty then, I guess we'll chat on Facebook...if we can chat all at the same time??
Back to top Go down
Witchygirl

Witchygirl

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Valerie Ronson

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010, 14:54

Soliar.x wrote:
I've got Facebook ^.^ And MSN... I know Witchygirl mentioned that in a different thread.

maybe mentioned it in the Thursday Chats Thread ? xD

Back to top Go down
Jewel

Jewel

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Jennifer Roberts

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptySat 28 Aug 2010, 17:49

This sounds good(i havent really been keeping up with this thread) i have a facebook too or i have yahoo messenger
Back to top Go down
cornelia's #1 fan
cornelia's #1 fan

RPG Character Info
Character Name:

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery EmptyFri 26 Aug 2011, 17:35

my e-mail is the same, for FB or msn ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chatbox & Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox & Gallery   Chatbox & Gallery Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatbox & Gallery
Page 1 of 1