WITCH-United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporary replacement of the WITCH-United.net forum based on the W.I.T.C.H. cartoons and comics

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry

Go down 
+5
*~Dark Crystal Queen~*
Jewel
xXOrubeXx
Irma's #1 Fan
sbg711
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sbg711

sbg711

Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry Empty
PostSubject: Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry   Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry EmptySat 26 Sep 2009, 04:44

Just dropped by to say Hi Surprised
(Ironically, I found this place by chance on google.)

Anyways, I'm not really good at writing speeches, but I'd like to once again explain what happened to the original W-U site.
Frankly, everything got out of hand.
The domain we used (aka witch-united.net) was hosted on a remote server. For specific reasons, I couldn't contact the host and prolong the service on time. Which resulted in a complete domain shut down.
Our server host went through some hardware changes and upgrades, but for some reason, I didn't receive an e-mail with the new system information, which, of course, took away my admin privileges. (no ftp nor cp access.)
All of that, though, could have been resolved if I would have contacted our service provider. But at that time, I was already working on several other projects (hence, my activity level), and didn't see fixing the site as a top priority. (hate me for that)
As a result, the server was shut down and all data was lost.

I still feel kinda guilty though.
I'm not sure if this community has a future (as I'm unaware of its activity level).
But if it does show promise to any of you, I could possibly arrange something.
The server and domain costs, though, will have to be taken care of by someone either than me. (don't get me wrong, it just so happens that I can't afford any additional expenses atm)

And I guess that's all I wanted to say. If anyone wishes to contact me, my msn is active ~10/7 (doesn't mean that I'm always there to reply tho)
yumedesu@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
Irma's #1 Fan

Irma's #1 Fan

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Drake Spartan

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry   Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry EmptySat 26 Sep 2009, 09:17

That's a good thing to hear. Are you still in contact with any of the old members?
Back to top Go down
http://halowarriorsforever.webs.com
xXOrubeXx

RPG Character Info
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry   Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry EmptySat 26 Sep 2009, 09:41

Nice to hear from you somebadguy ( I hope you don't mind this spelling)

Well, I don't think you should feel too guilty, we've managed to set up this W-U so W-U isn't dead yet Very Happy.

I'm not sure about the payments though, I can't handle it as I don't have my own money...

But if you're in contact with other former members it would be a great thing if you told them about us, then we'd be a little more active.... Razz
Back to top Go down
sbg711

sbg711

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry   Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry EmptySat 26 Sep 2009, 11:46

Irma's #1 Fan wrote:
Are you still in contact with any of the old members?

xXOrubeXx wrote:

But if you're in contact with other former members it would be a great thing if you told them about us, then we'd be a little more active.... Razz

Sadly, no. I was pretty much devoid of the community itself and mostly worked behind stage. Not to mention changing my ims and emails more than once since then.
However, I did receive 2 or 3 pms on my old youtube account, but that's hardly enough to be of any help.
Back to top Go down
Jewel

Jewel

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Jennifer Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry   Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry EmptySat 26 Sep 2009, 14:03

Well, somebadguy you don't have to feel guilty, we are doing really good here. Yes, we dont have like 2,000 members but we are growing, slowly but we do have most of are usually active members back.

I also don't blame you though, having to pay for a site can be difficult especially now. so don't worry, its nice that you still care about us tho haha. And Like Nersie said, "were not dead yet"
Back to top Go down
*~Dark Crystal Queen~*
*~Dark Crystal Queen~*

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Evangeline Crystale

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry   Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry EmptySat 26 Sep 2009, 14:36

Welcome back SBG711! I am sad to hear that you have no way of contacting the old members, but it's okay. I don't blame you, so don't feel guilty.

How are you?
Back to top Go down
http://witchfansunite.blogspot.com/
sbg711

sbg711

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry   Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry EmptySat 26 Sep 2009, 14:57

*~Dark Crystal Queen~* wrote:

How are you?

Could have been better Razz
Back to top Go down
Witchygirl

Witchygirl

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Valerie Ronson

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry   Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry EmptyMon 28 Sep 2009, 08:01

welcome back SBG711 xD xD xD lol! its nice to have u back ^^ this might not be like the old w-u but its nice and enjoyable xD

and i dont blame u for anything, paying for the site is a hard task to do, you dont need to feel guilty or anything. ^^
Back to top Go down
Supercutie12

Supercutie12

RPG Character Info
Character Name: Christina Rhinestone

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry   Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry EmptyMon 28 Sep 2009, 16:22

Welcome back Somebadguy! Don't feel guilty, it's okay.
Back to top Go down
♥hay lin♥

♥hay lin♥

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry   Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry EmptyThu 01 Oct 2009, 04:20

sbg711 wrote:
However, I did receive 2 or 3 pms on my old youtube account
ahem, mine would have to be one of those.. Embarassed Razz anyways, Welcome Back sbg!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/grazielamarie
The Emperor

The Emperor

RPG Character Info
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry   Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry EmptyWed 17 Oct 2012, 10:49

I'm just guessing here, but sbg711, was the ROOT/Arch administrator at the old W-U I have heard some much about? Yes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry   Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry Empty

Back to top Go down

Couldn't think of a better thread name, sorry
Page 1 of 1